Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Friday, January 30, 2009

WATCH FOR ICE

Here I am, at home. Any normal Friday I would be home around this time, out of class for the weekend, but today I did not attend any classes. Now, anyone that knows me knows that this is not some abnormal phenomenon. I skip class often. Way too often. But today is not really just a case of skipping... I mean it is, but kinda not. Yesterday while walking to class I fell REALLY HARD on a solid sheet of ice that lay atop the road. It was a rough fall in that it caused an instantaneous head, neck, back, wrist, & bum ache, but not rough in that I was able to continue on my way. I continued with my day, only mildly aching. I went to work my Thursday midnight shift, as per usual. At 9am, when I was returning home from work I was walking to my apartment, being extra careful, because of course I was a little uneasy having just fallen yesterday and not wanting a repeat. I chose the best route, I walked on the clear road until I was within reaching distance of a car so I could hold onto it as I walked over the ice to the sidewalk near my apartment. Without knowing how or what happened, as is the case with falls usually, I suddenly found myself on the ground... again. This time was noticeably different. I had fallen on my tale bone, just as I had the first time, but it hurt SO much more. The car that was meant to be my walking help became a tool of pain. When my feet flew out from under me and into the air they slammed up against the underneath of the car and my hand, hoping to find something to break my fall, was cut by said car. I sat there for a minute, half on my back and saying some not so nice words in my head, nearly in tears. I tried to get up, wincing in pain, and could not get a footing. At this time, as would be expected, a guy from the apartment next to this road came out and just looked at me. Embarrassing, but only slightly, I was in too much pain and struggle to fret about him. However, it does bother me that he did not say a word or offer to help, he just stared. And this guy lives above me, he is my neighbor. How rude! :-P I eventually, while the neighbor continued to stare, scooted myself over to the less icy sidewalk, grabbed onto a tree and the car that was meant to help me in the first place, and pulled myself to my knees and then feet. ---- This incredibly long, boring description is really just to inform you of why I am not in class today. It pains me to move, sit, walk, anything really. So I am relaxing and working on laundry in those moments that I feel the gumption to move from my couch.

Moral of the story: *WATCH FOR ICE*

Speaking of laundry -- my washing machine, my less than 2 years old nice GE washer, is fixed as of this morning. It had been broken since October. In October it had only been in working order three months since the first time it was broken. I have had a working washer 3 months out of the 9 months I have lived in this apartment. It is glorious to have it now... Loren dirties a lot of clothing.

Random Side Story:

I have never stuck with blogging in the past. It has been an on-again-off-again hobby of mine since 2005. But this time I have found that by getting into other blogs, I feel more motivated to write in mine. I have started reading two perfect strangers blogs and I must say... I love it. I feel so intrigued by these two women. I came across both through my high school friend/blogging buddy Jessica (http://www.scrapbookngirl.blogspot.com/). One is Elizabeth from Utah (http://www.elizabethkartchner.blogspot.com/). She is a wonderful scrapbooker and is so incredibly talented... with the cutest family ever. The other blog, that I think I may truly be obsessed with, is Kelly (http://www.kellyskornerblog.blogspot.com/). I came across Kelly when Jessica had something talking about "Praying for Harper" I clicked on this link and it led me to Kelly's blog. She has an incredible story and is truly a beautiful girl inside & out (I've read a billion of her older posts and feel like I know her, haha). Check them out if you're ever feeling froggy!

I set out to write this blog about my many blessings and how often I ignore them... but since this has been so long, I will save that for another day. But I will just say that my number one blessing is my husband. I take him for granted, fight with him too much, and give him too many headaches... but he really is the biggest blessing I could ever receive. I love him more than I could ever express in this blog... More about that & other blessings later. :)

No comments: