Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Angry Shopper

This is a post in which I will rant about the difficulty I have in finding a good pair of jeans.

I really do not like shopping.

*gasp* I know.

It's rare to find a girl that doesn't like shopping. But I don't. And I think it stems from my a) lack of decision making skills and b) my urge to save rather than spend money. However, it has to be done on occasion. For a while now I have been needing a new pair of jeans. A pair of "everyday" jeans. I have my dressier dark washes and my wide leg, uber comfy, really-wish-loren-liked-that-style jeans... but my "everyday casual" lighter wash jeans have been ripped in the leg and I really just need a new pair. One would think that since I work at Old Navy I would be able to alleviate this situation quite easily... wrong. I really don't like ON jeans. At least not the classic jeans (I occasionally have found a pair in the "special" or "dressier" sections) they have. So after work today I went to the mall to find my new favorite jeans. Let me tell you - everything is either too expensive, not long enough, or too long. For example, in my past I have only loved American Eagle jeans, but now that I have other things to pay for, paying 45+ for jeans seams outrageous. Especially if they are as poor of quality as AE. Plus, I'm not a teen anymore and wearing the teenager jeans just doesn't feel right these days. Gap is another store that has nice jeans, tailored towards the grown up, but the regular length is too short and the long is way too long. And they are expensive (but since ON is part of Gap, Inc. I get a discount :)). I suppose I should look into hiring a seamstress, that way I could get the "long" in jeans at all stores and not have to worry about it. But again, I am cheap. So, I came home jeanless.... but I did find some nice boots to wear with my church dresses/skirts in the winter! Oh, and some exercise clothes from ON that were on sale.

So not all lost... but not what I needed.

1 comment:

Paige said...

I feel your pain. I have NEVER owned a pair of jeans that actually fit me. I mean, they might fit me if I wore 2 inch stilettos everyday because they're so long...and I have a few that are actually too short, but I can get away with it.
Even when I buy the super expensive jeans (which I have recently) it's not any better...I just feel guiltier about it.
I even went once to Buckle and tried on $100 pairs of jeans, and still, no luck. It's insane ;(

Is there any hope for us?