Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

GOOD NEWS

Here I am - writing from my couch, where I intend to be for the next couple days while my punctured artery heals from the cebrebral angiogram I had yesterday morning. (In all honesty, I could probably head back to class tomorrow, but if a nurse tells me I can stay out thru Friday... I'm going to, much to Loren's dislike :-P)



In a cerebral angiogram, a catheter is inserted into the femoral artery (upper thigh/groin area) and is fed through blood vessels all the way through the body up into the neck. Once in the neck, a contrast dye is released into the brain so x-ray images can be taken. In my case, this was done in order to take a closer look at my brain aneurysm so the doctors could figure out the next step, surgery or otherwise. However, once the angiogram was over, I was told that what my neursurgeon thought was an aneurysm was actully just part of my brain. Turns out, I have a weird brain layout! Thank You, Lord... many prayers have been answered!



So, while this is incredible news it is also slightly disheartening. Since we now know that an aneurysm is NOT the reason for all of my symptoms over the last 18 months, I am kinda back at square one as to knowing what IS the cause. But, I am not worried about it. None of my symptoms really interfere with my life much, other than the headaches, and I am used to those... besides, I haven't experienced many of them in a couple of months. So I'll just let it go, unless something gets worse. There are no answers to be found right now, so I'm moving on. :)



For now, I'm going to enjoy my couch time and then I am going to enjoy the Mountaineers for Christ Winter Retreat this weekend... life is good!





p.s. Loren & I have now been happily married for one month! I am so excited to spend the next many years with him!! ♥

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Toni that is such good news, despite the fact that you don't know what the real problem is. God will take care of you :)

I'd love to teach you some scrap booking. You'll have to visit me sometime and we can scrap away!