Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Saturday, January 10, 2009

NEW THINGS

Here is a list of the new things in my life since I last wrote:

I'm married. Loren & I had the most beautiful wedding on December 20, 2008...

I enjoyed the most draining but wonderful week of my life: honeymoon in Canaan, 4 Christmas celebrations, a weekend in Charlotte, NC for the Meineke Car Care Bowl that WVU was playing in. We were exhausted by the end of it, but it was worth every weary bone...

My father-in-law, Carl, found a bone marrow donor and will be undergoing his bone marrow transplant starting in late January. It will be a long and very grueling process, but we pray it will cure him. It is truly a blessing that a donor was found so quickly...

I started teaching the kiddos bible school at church. The way our church does it is that each month is a different subject. This month it is John the Baptist. And each week you teach a different age group. It is very nice because you basically just teach the same lesson four Sundays in a row. Last week I had the 2nd & 3rd graders. This week it will be the 4th & 5th graders. It's a pretty sweet gig...

Loren was offered (and accepted) the position of the fill-in campus minister here at WVU. It is only for a six-month period as of now, but we are told it could very well end up being full-time and his career! We are so blessed by this; this is what Loren had wanted to pursue as his career, and it just fell into our laps. Sadly, it is at the expense of our beloved campus minister, mentor, & friend Jason Locke. He and his family are headed out west to Fresno, CA...

I found out that I have a brain aneurysm and will be starting the process of testing and possible brain surgery (to remove the aneurysm before it ruptures) on January 19th. It will probably be a long process, and not a fun one (or a cheap one), but thanks be to God for showing the doctors this now! It is so much better than not knowing and having it rupture & possibly kill me...

I cut my hair shorter than I have in a long time...

That is your catch-up on my life... next time I will get into the present. :)

No comments: