Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, May 26, 2008

A Proposal to Remember

It is true -- I am now officially and wonderfully engaged to be wed!!! I plan to get mushy in this, so sign off now if you're opposed to sweet stories and declarations of love. ;o)

I honestly could not have dreamt up anything more romantic or perfect than the proposal I received from Loren on Saturday May 24, 2008. What made it so special is that I honestly was not expecting it in the least. I knew we planned to get married, I knew I would have a ring sometime this summer, but I thought I would not receieve a ring until late summer... due to insufficient funds. So, this was completely unexpected -- just as Loren planned.

It started with Friday night: Loren and I were at his brother's graduation in Wirt County and Loren was persistent in talking me into going "fishing" with him the next day in Glady, WV. I agreed and bright & early the next morning we set off for Glady. I was less than enthused since I had not prepared for a fishing trip. I have no clothes, I had no shoes, I had nothing I would want to use for fishing. I love fishing, but I did not want it to be this particular Saturday. But off we went.

Once there Loren told me how dumb he had been to "forget" that this was Memorial Day weekend and that all the good fishing places would be packed... we would have to opt for taking a hike instead. Another reason to fuel my frustration, I thought we were going to fish!!!! We hiked and hiked and hiked. All through the woods and across tons of streams. It took forever but eventually we ended up at this beautiful natural spring. By the time we got there, I was tired and ready to go home and go to bed, but it was too pretty to be upset about. We took some pictures of us in front of the falls and filled our water bottles with some tastey spring water. As Loren was putting away his camera and I was walking over towards him to take a seat, he began saying one of his classically cheesy lines, which I of course called him on. His reply this time was not to laugh as usual, but was to only say "No, I'm serious..." then he pulled out a marroon box, got on one knee, and continued with, "Which is why I want to ask you, Toni White, will you marry me?" I covered my face and started bawling. But managed to say "yes". ;)

just before he proposed :)

He had planned everything so perfectly. From knowing I would be frustrated, knowing the fishing would be crowded, knowing we would go on a hike, knowing I would say he was cheesy, knowing I would not expect it at all. Everything. Perfect. He even had my parents in on the plan. It was a beautifully crafted plan. And an added bonus is that the ring I received is the most beautiful ring I have ever seen. I knew what I wanted, I worked in a jewelry store for a long time afterall... but this ring outshines all of my previous expectations. With a gorgeous, nearly flawless, 1.13 carat center round stone and 1/2 carat of accent stones... I can only look at it in awe. I never dreamed I would ever be a recipient of such a beautiful diamond ring...

Ahhh, I am so lucky. I cannot wait to get married. I cannot wait to start my life with Loren by my side. I have an amazing man of God, a true prince charming in my life that many girls can only dream of finding. He's my best friend, my partner, my true love. I could not be happier and I could not be luckier. This has truly been the best weekend of my life thus far. :)


the day after he proposed :)

No comments: