Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

80lbs. of Pup

As I sit here typing these words, I am serenaded by the beautiful sound of a snoring flat-coat retriever. Yes yes, Cracker Jack (let's call him Jack for short) has officially moved in. Though he only joined me yesterday evening; I can already tell it is going to be great having him here. He's just an overgrown puppy. He is approximately a little over a year old and is still very much in the rowdy pup stage. He weighs 80 pounds and has no clue. Jack tries his hardest to be a lap dog, but darn it, the poor guy just doesn't fit in a lap... not comfortably anyway. Loren and I are head over heels for this dog (okay, Loren thinks the sun rises and sets for Jack... I love him, but not quite that much -- yet.) My Mama could not have given us a better pre-wedding gift. It allowed her to not have to give up the dog she adored but could not handle, allowed me to have the type of dog/companion I've wanted, and allowed Loren to get the manly man's dog he has dreamed of owning. Win-Win-Win.

We're all very pleased with the situation... and who knows, maybe Jack could make an appearance as the ring bearer in our wedding next spring. ;)

No comments: