Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A LITTLE OF THIS & A LITTLE OF THAT...

Let's see what has been going on in my world lately...

Most of my summer consisted of summer classes, working one or two jobs, & basically just living regular day to day life. I liked it. I am a sucker for routine and monotony! With this regular joe living, I grew some pretty flowers (my first time ever trying my hand at outdoor flowers!) that were placed all around our front porch (since we're still renting I didn't really want to try to plant some in the ground...). I wish I had a picture to show! But I bloomed some lovely pansies, geraniums, & wave petunias! Along these same lines, as I have mentioned before, I tested my hand at some different recipes. While I don't really have anything to share about my complex meal attempts, I can tell you that I found my new favorite lunch EVER! Tomato & avocado sandwich!! YUMMM! (please, ignore the awful look of my avocado slicing... at the time, I had no idea how to cut and slice an avocado properly, ha!)


Moving on... a highlight of my summer was my weekend in Lexington, Kentucky. My Mama & I drove down to visit my oldest & dearest friend (and first cousin) Ronica! Ronica has been a sister to me since we were tiny tots. We're only two years apart in age & come from a very, very loving and close family... so naturally, we were close, too! Unfortunately, some differences in lifestyle separated Ronica & me for several years... I am happy to say that God has really worked in her life & my heart -- and now I feel like she and I can get back to the close relationship we once had! I could not be more thrilled! First picture: Tiny tots at Christmas! Bottom picture: All grown up in Lexington!


Once back from Kentucky, it was time to get back in the groove of school :'(. But on a more positive note - getting back into school meant getting back into Mountaineers for Christ! So far, so good! We've had a good turn out so far in the first two weeks, we have had a successful leaders meeting, & have planned a bunch of great things for the semester! Here is a picture from our first event back together, Sunday night College Church. This is Ben & Kevin rockin' out on the geeetar!


And finally -- Meet Oliver, the Brainard's temporary kitten! Oliver was meant to be our kitten, a kitten that was going to live outside... however, Oliver hates it outside. He only desires to be indoors with his people. So, I found him a (possible) home with Jennalea & Scott. They already have an adorable cat named Leo, & Jennalea really wants Leo to have a friend... enter Oliver! However, she has to convince Scott. So until she does, Loren & I are providing Oliver with his temporary indoor home. Of course, if Loren decides he is helplessly attached to Oliver, I will be more than happy to let this adorable & super cuddly little kitten live inside with us forever & ever. :)



And that is my life as of now... check back soon, as I will be getting a brand new car tomorrow evening & will surely want to blog about it! :) :)

Have a lovely rest of the week!

No comments: