Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Monday, August 3, 2009

A SMALL VICTORY!

Today, I thought I might share with you one of my few successes at cooking up something tasty... that doesn't involve meat or chocolate, ha!

I don't know about you all, but I find it hard to fit in all kinds of veggies. I like my veggies, I actually can't think of a vegetable I have tried that I don't like, but I have trouble eating a bunch of them at once. I could live off fruit and fruit alone, but veggies are just tough for me. So, with my new obsession with nutrition and my lack of meat these days, I am constantly looking for new ways to cook vegetables to make them extra yummy so I don't feel deprived or unhappy. I stumbled across a recipe for zucchini on a wonderful, wonderful website (http://ohsheglows.com/). The recipe was for "zucchini boats", but it called for some things I didn't have, so I decided to veer off on my own path and see what I could do... and the result was yummy! :)





You can't see it too well, but that is a zucchini boat in the middle, 1/2 cucumber drizzled with lite balsamic vinaigrette on the right, and a nice plum on the left. It was all delicious... and healthy, too!



Zucchini Boats:


-Cut a zucchini length wise and scoop out the insides

-Mix up the insides with about 1/2 tomato, 1/2 C mushrooms (I steamed mine a little before, so they would be nice and tender), 1/4 C cooked brown rice

-Add salt, pepper & spices to taste (I used chili powder)





-Sprinkle with cheddar cheese, if you like... I liked ;)

-Add the mixture to the boats and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes


While it wasn't the best thing I have ever had - it was easy, good, & filling. I'm sure I'll be making them pretty often!


1 comment:

Jason Locke said...

Nice blog! And great looking food!!!