Fall In Love With More Free Templates! Click Here To Get Your Own Smitten Blog Design... »

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

WORRIES & BLESSINGS

I think that as soon as Loren and I came home from our honeymoon and stepped out into the real world as man & wife, I stepped into a shielded armor of defense. I think that divorces, failed marriages and relationships have been so drilled into my brain that on some subconscious level, I was already preparing myself for the worst. I think that at the first squabble or instance of conflict in our marriage I started to scramble...

I have been so concerned with the "what ifs" that I completely forgot to savor all the great things about marriage. I was so quick to forget all the little things Loren would do for me on a daily basis and solely focus on the negative, endlessly focus on the negative.


I wanted to fix things that were not even broken... I no longer want to do that.


Sure, I'm going to worry. I'll worry about things I cannot fix and things that really mean nothing in the big picture. That's what I do and I haven't ever found a way to stop that. But now, instead of letting my worries consume me -- I want to let the blessings of this marriage consume me and the worries just be a passing thought or two.




I am blessed in knowing that Loren is the only man I am ever going to wake up beside.
I am blessed to have such a strong spiritual leader as my husband.
I am blessed to know that when I am 90 I will have the pleasure of sitting next to a sweet, but grumpy old man... in our matching rocking chairs.
I am blessed to be able to tell my future children that their father is, by far, the very best man I have ever, ever known.


I am so blessed...







"praise God from whom all blessings flow..."

No comments: